Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Little Girls White Dress










A Little Girls White Dress

My white dress has been
Covered in blood.
My beautiful white dress has been
Beaten so much
The back is ripped and its
Seam is torn.
My sparkly white dress is
Smudged with unearthly prints
And stains that cannot be
Removed.
My innocent white dress was ripped
Apart into pieces and
Carelessly put back together again.

I’ve tried to burn it, drown it
Pour alcohol on it to set on fire
And it still finds its way to the
Front of my closet
Dirty, fire stains, muddy, smeared with
Blood reeking
Of Jack Daniels, holding on by
A thread.

Sitting in front of what use to be
My white dress, I scream, I bellow
And finally I cry.

Realizing the blood, the torn seam
Smudges and pieces were only visible
To me.

The damage I had done to my own
White dress can be fixed,
Even if I can't get the blood out.
©Golden Rays



1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful poem GR
    Yes there are wound that no one can see.
    But they do exist and nothing in this world can make the pain abate............

    ReplyDelete